Sunday, September 13, 2009

Writing from the Darkness

     The first thing that called out to me in "Writing from the Darkness" is her account of going to the outhouse at night. Her granddad would say "No light necessary. There is light in darkness, you just have to find it." It reminded me of how little children believe almost anything you tell them.
     It's more then just believing in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and so on. Children are so easily manipulated at that age. I'd say most parents get their children to believe in their religion or their political party. It's not like a 5 year old kid is going to question their faith. It reminded me of one time when I was baby sitting. This little boy asked me, "Where did all the corn go?" Last time he was there, the corn field hadn't been plowed yet. My sister told him the deer ate all the corn. I wonder how many years it will take him to realize that corn fields get plowed...

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger