Monday, September 14, 2009

Moving On

     Today, I was think about my debate team in high school. Right about now, they're probably preparing for the upcoming season. This is the first time in three years I won't be joining them. It's weird to be done with debate.
     In high school I was very successful with policy debate. In 9th grade my partner and I placed 2nd in the district. In 10th grade we won the Monsignor Lyons debate tournament at Delone Catholic. In 11th grade my school swept districts. This means that we our two teams took both places that qualify you for the state tournament. The day of the state tournament, I ended up getting a 101 degree fever. It was probably the worst I've ever debated, but I still placed 14th speaker in the state. I'm definitely missing another chance to do well at states.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad that you got sick. Wouldn't it be great if we could have a do over button, haha. The good thing is that you gave it your all, so you will never have a reason to regret it. Are you thinking about Law as a career? I can't remember what your Major is, but it sounds like you have a great foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a "General Studies" major, which means I'm just trying to get my basic credits to transfer. I'm thinking about majoring in either Music Technology/Industry or Communications when I leave HACC, but I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger