Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time for Lily’s TOP 3 IPHONE APPLICATIONS!

1. ITick
ITick is a free application that is a metronome. It is very handy if you need a quick reference for tempo, although my cheap KORG metronome is more accurate. The nice thing about ITick is that it also serves as a reference for the common tempo points of moderato, allegro, andante, etc, which comes in handy when playing more classical pieces that don’t have the BPMs (beats per minute) written at the top. For free, I haven’t found a metronome that will beat this, but you can’t forget that if you have an IPhone you’re still paying the $20 a month service charge!



2. Offender Locator Lite
Don’t let the name full you, the reason it’s called “Lite” is not because the criminals it lists are any safer. The "Lite" version is just the free version. Offender Locator Lite is an application that lets you look up any registered sex offenders in your area, the location of your phone, or any address. Not only does it show you where they live, it also shows you a picture if it’s available. It’s pretty creepy, but it’s definitely an interesting IPhone app. It almost makes me feel bad for the people listed, but then I remember they had to commit a pretty serious crime to get onto the list in the first place.



3. Mach Dice
So, this may be the most pointless application ever… I love it! It basically lets you shake your IPhone in order to roll plastic dice on the screen. I can play with it for hours. When I was in high school, sometimes a couple people would bet some lunch money on a game of dice if we were really bored in some class. Now, I love playing with dice when I’m bored. It’s hard to describe how intense a game of dice can get when you’re bored.



*Bonus App!*
Phase
The reason Phase is a bonus app is because it’s really not an application at all. Phase is an IPod game that can be downloaded to any IPod. It allows you to turn any song in your ITunes library into an interactive Guitar Hero like experience. Unfortunately, since I have 8 gigabytes of music, and I only have an 8 gigabyte IPod, I can no longer fit Phase onto my IPod. It was very fun while it lasted, but I warn you it’s not exactly like Guitar Hero.



*Please note, I do not own an IPhone myself, just an IPod nano. I know these applications because I play them on my friends’ IPhones.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger